Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Tanya Burr's Flapjack

Who's up for another sweet treat?

I'm sharing a recipe with you all that i've recently tried from the Tanya Bakes book. Tanya's Smarties Flapjacks. I did swap the smarties for sprinkles as I can't eat chocolate but feel free to use smarties. I loved how it turned out - and it tasted pretty good too if that doesn't convince you to try it yourself.




Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes

You will need:

★20cm square baking tin

Ingredients:

★125g butter
★10 tablespoons golden syrup
★100g light soft brown sugar
★250g porridge oats
★1 tube of smarties or another choice of decoration

Let's make the flapjacks!

Preheat the oven to 180℃ / 350℉ / GM4. Line a 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.

Melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat, then add the golden syrup and sugar. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved and stir until everything is well combined.

Remove from the heat and stir in the oats. Mix until well combined.

Pour into the tin, spread out and smash down with a metal spoon, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

While still hot, press the smarties into the top. Leave to cool in the tin. Once cool, cut into squares.




Go give it a try, you'll love it!

*all credit goes to Tanya for the recipe. Opinions are my own and this post is not sponsored*

Thank you for reading,

1 comment:

  1. These flapjacks look amazing! I'll definitley have to get the recipe and give it a go myself!!:)

    Would be amazing if you could check out my blog and my recent blog post!

    Louise xxx

    http://lovefromlouu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete